10.14.2012

Nails of the Day: Candy Corn Inspired

I love Halloween.  I wish I was still young enough to trick or treat but I guess that is one of the perks of having a child.  This year is my son's first year actually trick or treating.  He is almost two years old and we're going to take him out this year and see how it goes.  I'm pretty excited about it to be honest.  I think he'll have a blast.

Another reason I love Halloween and fall in general is because of candy corn.  When I was eight or nine years old I entered a coloring contest at school and the prize was a whole pound of candy corn...I won!  I ate the whole thing and it was amazing.  Ever since then I have had a love for the delicious little candy.  I decided I wanted to do something festive with my nails but not too over the top or too time consuming (I was doing this while my son slept so I had to allow time for drying and all that fun stuff).  Here is what I came up with.


On the pinky and index finger I have Hot Ticket Hella Yella
this is my first time using it and I was happy with it 

On my ring finger and thumb I have Illamasqua Scorch which is the first white I have been happy with almost completely opaque in one coat.

On my middle I have Wet N Wild Shine in Sunny Side Up

On all the fingers I have a glitter coat China Glaze Fairy Dust





No comments:

Post a Comment